Friday, July 4, 2014

Just a Lil Love

Happy Independence Day!!


I love kraft cardstock!! Did I say love? Yes, totally adore kraft...all shades of it. The brown provides a very natural neutral background on which to lay my creative smackdown :) Here is a simple card  on which I used little more than some StazOn cotton white ink, white embossing powder, and white gel pen. The Paper Smooches stamp set was perfect for this occasion to create my background.



I cut a piece of pretty heart paper on an angle, wrapped it with some string (you'll see me use this quite frequently), and added foam adhesive to the back to give it some dimension.


*Tip #1- To prevent your knot from slipping, add a dab of glue (I use Ranger's Glossy Accents) around it. It will dry clear and not move, even when your recipient tries to deconstruct your card :)

*Tip #2- I always decide to add flags after I've tied my bows. Smart huh? I've found the best way to add the little flag is to punch a hole in the end, snip a straight line to the center of the whole so you can separate it, and wrap the paper around your knot or bow. The little incision is practically undetectable once glue/mounted into place :)

Be safe with the fireworks tonight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment