Monday, October 27, 2014

My Mummy for Halloween

Saturday, I had the pleasure of hosting my first cardmaking and scrapbooking class and it was AMAZING!! I was truly humbled and flattered by the crafters that came out to play. It was a successful and inspiring day. I want to thank you again Mommie, Kris, Danielle, Michael, Brooklynne, and Crystal!!


When I saw this week's sketch for CAS(E) this Sketch (#97), I was inspired to pull out this little mummy stamp that I picked up in the dollar clearance bin. He would be easy to fussy cut for this sketch.


Here's my submission for the challenge.



You may recognize this purple panel...it was from the Virgo birthday card I did several weeks ago. (If you missed it, click this link.) The leftover panel was too bright and inky to just toss in the recycle bin, so I kept it (like I do so many other paper scraps, lol). I knew that it would come in handy. I added some yellow highlights using a dauber and Hero Arts Butter Bar ink and a Mini Mister to "spritz and flick" water on the panel to create a more speckled look.


I stamped the mummies into place on the "purply" panel, then cut them out to create negative space, like the sketch shows.




Tip of today: When cutting out images, check your edges to see if they are white. If so, use a marker tip to run round the edge to color them. I used black here and I think it makes your pieces look more finished. What do you think?




Next, I whipped out the Copic markers (muahahaha). I solo adore them and I think they gave the perfect coloring to these mummies. I'm still learning with these markers, so I had to do a trial run before I got it right :) 


Lastly, some clear embossing on the black cardstock to make it pop without overtaking the real stars of this card and a sentiment. I proved to myself that I don't have to buy every coordinating die set for the stamps I own...money saved! Whoo hoo!


Thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments too!

Deidre

1 comment: