Thursday, October 22, 2015

Warm Colors for CAS(E) this Sketch!

I know we haven't quite gotten through the pumpkin carving and trick or treating, but when I saw the new sketch inspiration over at the CAS(E) this Sketch! challenge blog, I was dying to play with some warm golds, oranges, and reds for Thanksgiving.

I'm loving experimenting with watercolors and finding ways to let them work their magic on my projects!







I stamped the "Happy Thanksgiving" sentiment using Versamark ink and heat embossed it with white embossing powder. That was the tricky part because I could only see a slight sheen from the Versamark and had to line up my stamping. I used some washi tape as a guide to align everything. 

Next, I swiped 5 different Distress Inks on my craft sheet: Fired Brick, Rusty Hinge, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, and Wild Honey. Added a little water...okay, lots of water...and layers of color (which I dried with my craft dryer between layers because I'm too impatient to let them dry on their own, shhhh don't tell anyone lol). 

I added a few splatters of leftover color and 2 wood veneer embellishments. I thought the bare tree was a beautiful complement to my fall theme. I really enjoyed making this card from this week's inspiration sketch :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog :) 
Check out the CAS(E) this Sketch! blog 
Feel free to comment below and have a wonderful day!

Deidre :)





1 comment:

  1. I love your inked background with the white sentiments! Wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete