Friday, October 31, 2014

Runway Inspired Challenge

In case you're unfamiliar with this blog, Runway Inspired Challege posts a fashion forward, eye-catching high fashion runway look each week for crafters to use as an inspiration. This week, the design was so bizarre that I had to try to tackle this challenge!




There were so many directions I could take this, but after some trial and error at the color combination and geometric shapes, I have a card design that I am proud to present...to the public even :)



Did I actually step into Christmas territory on Halloween?? Yep :) I paper-pieced this kraft reindeer (from the Jolly Holidays Cricut cartridge) with a red and black scarf. And what's more fashionable than metallics? So I mounted him on a silver tag, cut with the Mama Elephant Embellished Tag die set and added some tiny red stars from the same set of dies.


I cut some red, black, and white chevron strips from My Favorite Things Die-namics. A bit or ribbon and jute and we're all finished. Thanks for stopping by and I love to read your comments!

Deidre

No comments:

Post a Comment