Sunday, November 30, 2014

A Birthday "Note"

I love to celebrate birthdays, and not just my own. I think it's a great time to reflect on the past and how far you've come each year. It's also a wonderful time to set new goals, establish new interests, and renew old friendships.

Here's a birthday card that is for a music-loving guy. 




From the moment I laid eyes on this CAS-ual Fridays Stamps die, I had to have it. I stalked my favorite online stamp stores until they had it (and the matching stamp set) back in stock and snatched them up. For this card, I die cut the heart note 3 times from watercolor paper. If you look closely, you can see small splotches of teal/blue droplets on the note paper. It came that way and I used it as the basis for my color scheme. I made ombre heart notes colored with Broken China Distress Stain. 

*Tip: For an ombre effect using only one color, start with the darkest color, then gradually add water to your puddle of ink/stain/sprays to lighten the color for each of the subsequent colors. 




I darkened the edges of the musical note decorative paper using Vintage Photo Distress Ink and offset it on the front of a cream A2 card (4 ¼" x 5 ½"). Even though it's hard (or impossible) to see in this photo, I added dimensional adhesive to the backs of the ombre heart notes :) The sentiment is stamped using one of my most loved stamp sets, Happy Days by Clearly Besotted then heat embossed it in gold ink.



 And of course, my card is not complete without a matching envelope :)

Thanks for stopping by!!

Deidre

1 comment:

  1. You are so creative. Love you and love the card!

    ReplyDelete