Monday, February 29, 2016

Painting Penny Black

I was asked to fulfill a very tall order in making a special card. Trust me, when I was informed of the recipient, I scratched my entire creative brain to come up with a card worthy of giving to her. All I knew was that I was using:
1- something floral from Penny Black
2- purple and red to color the flowers
3- something with shimmer/sparkle

Here's the end product and I am totally pleased with this card :)


What made this card so special in the end:
  1. Ink smooshing for the win! I love this technique for backgrounds :) I used Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays in Luminous Lemon (no shimmer) and Bling-y Blonde (shimmer).
  2. The Izink pigment inks- they provide great coverage (colored over the yellow) and they have a beautiful shimmer.
  3. I created dimension by stamping and coloring a few extra blossoms and leaves to pop up with foam tape.
  4. The added touches of white gel pen to the blossoms and leaves, the splatters (of course I couldn't resist), and the text stamping in the background (added it at the end actually).

I can't wait to hear how it went over! Thanks for stopping by and looking in on this card :)

xoxo Deidre

1 comment:

  1. Stunning, nice to come across someone else who likes spatters:)

    ReplyDelete