Tuesday, September 20, 2016

FRAME-ing Up for a Good Week at CASology

CASology is back this week with a challenge cue card that is sure to bring 
you lots of ideas and plenty of ways to craft them! 




I thought of picture frames, my frame dies, getting framed (setup lol), a frame of a movie...then I remembered my Simon Says Stamp Old School Sunglasses dies! I die cut them and coated them with a few layers of Ranger Ink Verdigris embossing powder. I love the marbled/speckled look of this EP. 

I foiled the center of the sunglasses to make them shiny and reflective and inlaid them back into the sunglasses. I wanted a cool and funky "landing pad" for my image and sentiment, so I splashed some Heidi Swapp Reactive Mist on the card and foiled it too...oooh la la!

I stamped the sentiment from Honey Bee Stamps twice in Jet Black Archival Ink since I was trying to stamp onto foil. Thank goodness I used my MISTI because I had to stamp it twice to get a good, dark, crisp impression :)

You've got to swing by the DT blogs and check out how they framed up the cue card!

Deidre Payne (that’s me)

Guest Designer:  Ohhh Snap!

Wonderful sponsor of the week: STAMPlorations 
                                           

Don't forget you can follow my creations on Instagram:


I'm also playing along at CAS Mix Up Card Challenge: stamping + marbling + your choice (foiling) and Retro Sketches RS#232 (I rotated the sketch)

I can't wait to see what you create and post in our gallery this week! Thanks
for stopping by and have a wonderful Tuesday!

xoxo Deidre



12 comments:

  1. To say that it's amazing... would be an understatement :) incredibly creative and artsy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your design Deidre ... so creative and FUN!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool way to add a frame to your card, Deidre! Love all that gold! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your fun card, the sun glasses are so cool as a frame.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous! I'd love some glasses like that!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool glasses. I did not even think of that definition of frame. Love the verdigris embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and creative freestyle glasses card. TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Soooo cool and artsy, Deidre!! You've inspired me to pull out my speckled EP! Love that grainy texture against that rich gold!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Deidre!! I love your card. That gold is fantastic!! Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Soooooooooooooooooooooooo smart Deidre using the glasses!

    ReplyDelete