Tuesday, August 8, 2017

CASology Goes on SAFARI

How great that I get to craft while away on vacation in Costa Rica!
And I feel like this week's cue card for our CASology challenge is perfect: SAFARI.


 
I really wanted to make this a one-layer card, so stamping this giraffe and sentiment required a little bit of masking and drawing. I got this idea quite a while back from the fabulous Kristina Werner.
 
Here you can see how short the actual stamp is compared to how he turned out.
 
 
Faber-Castell Pitt artist pens are great for this technique, because you have so many options in nibs size. I colored everything with Copic markers and he's ready for his safari!
 
You have to check out the wildly amazing inspiration cards from the DT and guest designer!
 
 
Deidre Payne (that's me)


Guest Designer: Kevin B.
And a big thank you to our sponsor: Your Next Stamp
You can win a  $25 gift certificate to their online store! Hope you play along this week :)

Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!

xoxo Deidre
 

4 comments:

  1. This is SO fun, Deidre! Love how the wild sentiment is place on that cute giraffe!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute!
    Thanks for your comment on my blog, too! :) I couldn't find an email for you to answer your question, but the font set I used on my 'teacher' card is from Altenew. It's their Calligraphy Alpha stamp set. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun card, and fantastic masking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so wild and fun Deidre! love it!! Hugs Anna xo

    ReplyDelete