Wednesday, January 3, 2018

New Year's ENCOURAGEment at CASology


HAPPY NEW YEAR! 
Wowsers, have I missed crafting and sharing with you. I've been promoted, relocated to a new state, and had to downsize my art space lol. 

2018 is here and we have a great cue card at CASology to kick off the year! 





I'm using two Vera Lane Studio digi stamps that I think are an awesome way to start the year. The sentiment is from the set "Apple and Tweet" and the border is a part of a frame from the set  "Fun Frames" (which I photoshopped a little to remove the rest of the frame). I used Prismacolor pencils sharpened to a fine point for all the coloring on this card.
I think I've found my saying for this year :)

I certainly encourage you to see the rest of the DT cards and our guest designer this week!


Anna Uhras 
Deidre Payne
Hannelie Bester
Jacquie Southas
Janet Ribet 
Jen Wills
Joyce Mehrberg
Kymona Tracey
Melissa Chipperfield
Rachel Bergfeld

Guest Designer: Jen M.

I can't wait to see what you come up with this week and into the new year.

As always, remember the following CAS guidelines when creating your design for CASology:
  1. One main image
  2. Lots of open space, uncluttered
  3. Limited layers & embellishments
  4. Quick & easy to recreate (Note: It may take a while to create a design you like, but once you have that design, making more should be a piece of cake!)
Happy crafting!


2 comments:

  1. I love your sweet and encouraging card, Diedre! Happy New Year and all the best to you with all the life-altering events that have just happened!! You should keep that card close by to encourage yourself as you settle in! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Diedre, just popped over to say how much I love your card. I saw the colored pencils and said to myself, "self, here is a kindred spirit" and well, here I am...! Those colors you chose are so cheerful I almost forgot I live in grey, bleek New Hampshire...lol! Hugs for now...

    ReplyDelete